- Bogs Boots
- Chipmunks Kids Footwear
- Froddo shoes
- Geox Kids Shoes
- Gioseppo Kids
- Handmade Baby Ickle Shooz
- Hush Puppies Childrens Shoes
- Lelli Kelly Girls Shoes
- Levis Kids Shoes
- Petasil Kids Shoes
- POD School Shoes
- Primigi Children's Shoes
- Ricosta Pepino Children's Shoes
- Shoe Care & Accessories
- Skechers Kids
- Superfit Shoes
- Term Footwear
- Other Brands
Little Wanderers Reopening
On re-opening we will be adhering to the government guidelines for “Working safely during COVID-19 in shops and branches”. This will mean that the shop will look very different and we will be implementing many new procedures. As these are only “guidelines” many shops and businesses will interpret them in different ways. The guidelines are also changing on a regular basis. When you are asked by one retailer to do something you may not be asked to do the same thing by another retailer, either the same day or a week later. We are all trying to do our best under extremely unusual circumstances so please bear with us as we try and offer the best service we believe we currently can.
1. There will only be one family/household group allowed in the shop at any one time. Therefore entry is strictly by appointment only. Please do not arrive without an appointment as you will not be seen.
• Please ensure that you are punctual for your appointment. If you arrive more than 5 minutes early then please either wait in your car, if this is how you arrived, or outside. We fully intend to have no other customers in store when you arrive. However, if you believe that others are present in store please wait outside before entering. We will be expecting you and will let you know if you can enter.
• If you believe that you may be late for an appointment then please telephone to let us know as we may have to rearrange. If you are late then we may not have time to see you. We will advise on your arrival but you will be required to leave when we advise, whether or not you feel you’ve finished.
2. Please telephone 01204 522533 to arrange an appointment. It is important that we speak to you to have a full understanding of your requirements so that we can allocate you an appropriate appointment time.
• Firstly we need to know how many children require fitting as this is the biggest factor affecting appointment times.
• We also need to ensure that there is a sufficient gap before a customer tries on goods a previous customer may also have tried on. Scheduling customers with similar requirements on different days will help us to do this. Some retailers are attempting to sanitise products between uses but we have been advised by some manufacturers that this could damage the shoes. We also have no way of knowing if any of our customers may suffer an allergic or other reaction from doing this.
• Consider reviewing our range online prior to booking an appointment. This will help you understand and narrow down the options we have. If an item you want is not currently in stock then ask if we can acquire it before booking an appointment.
• We also need to ensure that you are happy for us to keep hold of your contact details for 21 days after your appointment. This is in the event that we have to pass this information on as part of the Government’s test and trace system.
3. If possible please only bring the children that require measuring and fitting to the appointment. Adults need to be responsible for their children at all times. While we would prefer that only one adult attend each appointment it is important that all children adhere to all relevant rules. Therefore if more than one adult is required to ensure this then that is acceptable.
• We have removed all our toys and books that are usually available to keep children entertained.
4. Hand sanitizer will be provided for all customers to use if they wish to.
• Customers take full responsibility for using any sanitizer at Little Wanderers. Use of sanitizer is not a prerequisite for our services.
5. Please bring socks. No child will be allowed to get their feet measured or to try on any footwear without socks on. We will not provide socks.
• It is also essential that if your child requires any form of Orthotic insole that you bring this with you.
6. The shop will be divided into clearly defined zones to help ensure social distancing. Please ensure that you or your children do not enter a zone that we have requested you not to. There will be no access to our toilets for customers. Please ensure you go before you arrive.
7. We have also removed many of our display items so that they cannot be touched. Footwear on display will only be in zones that customers are requested not to access. Please do not cross into these zones to touch or look at display items.
• We have also removed our shoe recycling facility and no longer offer this service. Please take any old shoes, as well as ensuring you have all your belongings, before your leave. If you leave anything behind please telephone us to arrange a suitable time for collection. Please do not arrive back at the shop to pick anything up anything left behind.
8. It is now a legal requirement, as of the 24th July, that face coverings are mandatory for customers aged 11 or over. We expect every customer who enters our shop to comply with the law. Measuring and fitting will take place behind a Perspex screen that will only allow access to your child’s feet. Your child will be requested not to touch the shoes with their hands. We, as shop workers, are not required to wear face coverings. However, we are happy to wear them if it would make you and/or your children feel more comfortable.
9. We will actively be reducing the choice of shoes we initially present, where applicable. If you require more options or we need to show more footwear, for fitting purposes, then we will do so.
• We have often taken pride in the amount of choice we can offer. However, we need to keep the amount of shoes tried on to a minimum and experience has taught us that some customers take pleasure in trying on all the pairs we offer. In the current circumstances it is not a luxury we can offer as we need to ensure that there is a sufficient gap before a customer tries on goods a previous customer may also have tried on.
• We also need to limit appointment times. It is our aim that, by listening to customer requirements at the appointment booking stage and when they arrive, combined with accurate and experienced measuring and fitting knowledge, we will be able to offer the best choices, even with limited options.
10. Although we hope to be able to offer styles that fit and that your child will want, you are under no obligation to buy. If you do not want what we have then please do not feel under any pressure to purchase because you have gone through the appointment process.
11. We will continue to accept payment by cash and credit cards. The contactless credit card level has been increased to £45.00 and customers can pay in this way if their transaction falls inside this threshold.
• We know that Grandparents often purchase shoes and, at present, they may not be able to attend. We will not be able to accept payment from them, or anyone else, over the telephone for in shop purchases.
12. We will still accept the Little Wanderers Loyalty Card but we will not take the card from you to process. We will ask for your name or number and process the loyalty part of the transaction ourselves.
• New customers and customers who still have an old loyalty card (we changed to a new system in December) will be asked to complete a form and collect a new loyalty card. We will then process the loyalty part of your transaction on the till.
13. We have currently suspended our first shoes photos.
• Customers are still welcome to take their own pictures provided that they are committed to purchasing the shoes and that there is sufficient appointment time remaining.
14. If any member of your household develops any cold like symptoms, whether or not you believe it to be COVID-19 or have even received a negative test result for this, please cancel your appointment and rearrange at a later date.
• Little Wanderers is a family business and if we have to self-isolate then the shop will have to close, and all further appointments cancelled, until we have been able to establish that we do not have Covid-19.
15. If you subsequently decide that you would like to return your purchase, in line with your statutory rights, then you must telephone and go through the appointment procedure again, even if you just want a quick refund.
16. While we will ensure that there are no other customers present during your appointment it is possible a courier or postal worker may enter the shop. If this happens then they will be instructed to remain in a specific zone allocated for deliveries/collections and they should maintain an acceptable social distance.
• We will be scheduling all appointments to minimise the possibility of this happening. We already have a specific Royal Mail collection time and we will also be instructing all our suppliers to give us as much detail as possible about when deliveries are due, so we can try and schedule around appointments. However, we cannot guarantee deliveries will not take place during normal working hour’s appointments. If you have specific requirements, that mean you do not wish this to happen, then please advise at the appointment booking stage and we will discuss the procedures we have in place and see if we can offer alternative arrangements.